Sunday, May 30, 2021

What's cooking?

 A trip to Kaisercraft earlier in the week lead to some new papers from their discounted ranges being added to my stash, two of which called to become the start of a modern kitchen with tiled floor and Corian terrazo benchtop.

It's not a quick build, as I'm putting together the benchtop and cupboards, and also spray painting one of my Lori fridges from its original brown.

One-twelfth scale fridge and half-built cupboard unit on a table top with glue and a tray of accessories next to it.
But that's OK, I've still got almost two days leave before I return to work, so I have the time.

And while I wait for glue to dry, I've pulled out some accessories I think might work for the look I'm going for,
Flat lay of one-twelfth scale modern miniature accessories in brown, copper and rust colours.
and made a mosaic splashback with tiles given to me by Sandra.
Mosaic made with tiny glass tiles, with tweezers to show size.
(Which I'm now thinking won't quite work with the rest of the pieces I have chosen, so may have to be tucked away for another scene...)

Since I had the spray paint out, I've also painted a number of other things that have been waiting patiently for my attention: and have a couple more scenes percolating away while I finish this one...

No comments :