Monday, September 29, 2008

Modern Miniatures on Monday: Parade of Houses, Part Fifteen

Not really a house at all. The Irwin Interior Decorator Set was produced in the USA for Christmas 1964. There were a number of different sized sets available: I believe this is the biggest.You clip the walls onto the edges of the flooring sheets, chose which side of the double-sided wall panels you wish to display and then attach the legs of your choice to the seat of your choice.Interestingly, the front of the instruction booklet shows a different colourway. In all my browsing of eBay and other online photos of this set I've only seen the colourway I have: yellow kitchen, aqua bathroom and fawn lounge cabinets...(If I've inspired you there's a set on eBay at the moment with a BIN of $US125 )

1 comment :

Nanette said...

These are absolutely wonderful!
I'll be taking my girls to see this exhibition for sure. Amazing!