Sunday, September 07, 2008

Things I'd like to do but can't

I just learnt the dates for this year's Jasmax Film Festival in New Zealand which I'd hoped to make it to this year. Next week. Yep, I joined the mailing list last year in order to get a little advance notice and arrange travel but it's just not going to work with 4 days' notice...

I also missed out on visiting The MV Doulos, the oldest active ocean-faring passenger ship in the world (built 1914) which was in Sydney this weekend. If the historic aspect wasn't exciting enough, it's known as a bookship as it has a large bookshop on board. Did anyone make it to the open days this weekend?

1 comment :

Janet McKinney said...

Wow - I see it is the Doulos's last visit to Australia. My Mum has been on board at her last visit. We have friends who lived on the Doulos for 20 plus years as the shio's doctor. I didn't realise she was that old...