Friday, January 08, 2010

Playtime

Since there was no lecture at Sturt after dinner Tuesday I took the opportunity to drive to the next town over and see what was new at the bottom of Diva's garden. What was new is this based on the Kaleidoscope House but not quite black and white house:

We spent a very enjoyable evening listening to the thunder crack and the rain beat down on the roof while we discussed who exactly lived here, what furniture they'd have and how the rooms should be arranged...


At one stage I wondered if the storm would ever ease up so I could drive back to school or if I would be forced to stay the night in my favorite bedroom at Chelsea Park.


Alas the rain did ease up enough for me to venture back to school, clutching a large sack of money (chocolate, not real, unfortunately), more black and white tea towels for my collection and a copy of issue one of Sohi magazine which she'd found for me.

9 comments :

*annina* said...

amazing! diva's told me about her latest project and i really wanted to see some photos of it - and here they are...! the spaces look wonderful and i prefer the simple colours compared to the k house. thanks for sharing!

Natalie_myminiworld said...

The house is lovely, I really like black and white designed spaces! fab! its great how the DHE furniture pieces have been changed! love it

Pubdoll said...

I absolutely love this house, I want to come and play too!
Is it designed and made by Diva?

AMCSviatko said...

Yes, Diva designed it and made it although I believe she got the perspex cut to size.

maryann said...

Hi...
I love this black and white house! Is it available for sale or just one of a kind? If so, how much is it?

AMCSviatko said...

Hi Maryann

One of a kind but I forwarded your comment to Div and she may be able to make another...

Mini Dork said...

I keep coming back and starring at these photos. Just stunning. This is seriously my dream house. Is it all plastic, or is the white frame and floors & ceiling wood? Do you know how long it took her to build it? Is Diva a private collector, or does she sell any of her work? Please tell Diva her work is breath taking and inspiring, and the world would be a better place if more photos of her work could be shared.

AMCSviatko said...

It's all plastic/ perspex/ acrylic/ whatever you want to call it. It took a while to build because she has other commitments for her time.

And I forwarded your comment on to her: I'm sure she'll be pleased to hear your feedback...

Mini Dork said...

Thanks TSS! I would love to see more photos.
I've never been to Australia, but of all of the places I'd like to visit, it is on the top of my list. And staying at Diva's would truly be a dream. I hope I can find a way to afford it in the not so distant future.