Saturday, February 17, 2024

Dealing with the dead stock

My venture back to the ACT Miniature Enthusiasts club this month, and their* upcoming annual show in March has reminded me of the 2 drawers full of dead stock I've have lurking under my work table since I moved in, and that I really need to decide what to do with.

Piles of one-twelfth scale modern miniature 'flokati' rugs, with rows of perspex tables behind and a container of mesh beads beside.

Some digging tells me that it was March 2018 when I last sold at the Canberra show, and 2016 for Sydney, so it's high time I dealt with it.

Of course, the easiest approach would be to bin it all (for the 'faux'kati rugs, tables and accessories), and deconstruct and compost it (for the pouffes made of wool, and the cotton inners), but that goes against my green-leaning approach, even though it would be a quick and simple solution.

Instead I decided to continue this year's slow-but-steady approach and work towards seeing if I could sell them on a Facebook group that I suspect I may have joined some years ago for just this purpose. First step: document what I have, and work out what my cost price for the tables was.

As I logged on to start the stocktake, I realised that past me had served me well, as I discovered a spreadsheet with a stocktake of exactly that in a folder I created in very early 2020.

Plus the added bonus of some photos I took and carefully annotated at the time:

Rows of one-twelfth scale modern miniature knitted pouffes on a table

Row of different-sized one-twelfth scale modern miniature perspex tables
Which means I have no excuse to not have a crack at listing them this weekend.

(*Used purposefully as I've not yet paid my membership dues.)

No comments :