Monday, February 05, 2024

Things didn't quite go according to plan (but that's OK)

The good news is that I went to make the extra vintage books I thought I needed yesterday, and realised I had quite enough to work with already:

A hand holding a row of one-twelfth scale miniature vintage-style books with some extra scattered in the background
This is also good news because my printer has just started telling me that it's hungry for new ink: and when I went to check that it was in stock at my local Officeworks I just about had a heart attack when I saw how much it's gone up since I last bought ink, and it will probably take me several days to catch my breath on that.

The not-so-good news is that when I went to find the fabric that I'd been planning to use for the bedroom in the shabby chic apartment (don't even think of asking how many years ago that Idea started!) thinking that it would be a quick and easy solution here, I realised I had no idea where it had gone to (last spotted back in 2015 when it was still on the test bed I was using for the writers' retreat).

And when I went to the fabric stash to look for it, realised in horror just what a mess that part of the cupboard was in, and backed away slowly (but not before spotting and grabbing some lace pieces, including the originally-planned bedspread).
Selection of vintage lacey cream fabric pieces and a ruffle.
The good news is that I decided not to submit you to seeing a photo of the stash, and I now know I have to put some time aside to sort through the fabric storage boxes and decide what I'm going to use, and what would be better living elsewhere.

I cut the ferny bits off the fake plant length, which looks like it should work well (but didn't take a photo because I lost the light, and I figured you could just look at the picture of it in yesterday's post and imagine it looking slightly more naked.

 And I had a crack at matching up frames from stash with pictures in stash, which, as you may imagine, didn't work out quite as well as I'd hoped, but I've left them out on the worktable to consider over the next day or so.

At which point I decided I was tired and if I kept pushing the issue I might be tempted to just run away, leaving the makings of a scene on my worktable to end up covered with other things and me disinclined to return to the studio anytime soon.

The good news: I've made progress. I've discovered my next big sort-out project. I have a bedspread and a plant about ready to go. And am being sensible and not pushing my limits. Tomorrow is another day.

No comments :