Thursday, February 08, 2024

A quick trial run

A (very) long lunch today to meet a friend to celebrate her belated birthday lead to me working back to make up some of the time, which lead to a late finish and a (slight) panic about my lack of fodder for the blog.

A discussion I had with a colleague at work this afternoon lead me to considering doing a Throwback Thursday post about one of my favourite cafe builds (and also threw up some intriguing ideas for a couple of new ones), but then I realised that posting that would take me time and energy to research back through the blog to gather the information I needed, and it would be much quicker and easier to just push the cottagecore project forward, if only a small amount.

So instead, here's a trial run I did of yesterday's recycled greengrocer's stand idea, including a trailing plant mock up (so far just blutacked into a very vintage casserole pot by Margaret Hunt that I bought from the Tinakori Fair decades ago), and some of the schoolcases from Margell Public School, which seemed like a nice tribute (and see, I managed to include some Throwback Thursday after all!):
One-twelfth scale modern miniature bare-wood greengrocer's stand with the crates piled to one side and a selection of books, storage boxes and crates, small vintage suitcases, balls of wool, a sewing machine and a trailing plant displayed in it instead.
I think I need more books. 😁

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

We always need more books…
Your perseverance in posting each and every is incredible ! Do not put to much pressure on you :) though I wait impatiently to see your progress :D - Mini ElleAime

Anonymous said...

Each and every day…

Anonymous said...

Yes, we all need more books ;)

I love the picture - so pretty!

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks all: the irony was that I posted this the day before the first Lifeline Book Fair for the year, and I didn't go because I haven't finished a single book since 2023!