Monday, February 26, 2024

Monday: made and did (and mail)

 (Or did, and made, as it were).

Between last night and this morning, I cleared yesterday's scene and the fixings off the work table (they're not quite away yet, but they're sitting in the containers and the spot for minis that need to be put away, which is close enough: and as I type this I realise that this habit springs from my Dad, who had a pile of records that had been played, but needed to be put away, and continues to this day with my piles of CDs that have been played: alas in this flat, a much smaller pile which therefore needs attention much less often. But I digress...)

While I had a tray of pictures and a selection of frames out to try and match up for the cottagecore build I came across one picture in particular which spoke to me, and a frame that fitted it but was so, so wrong.

I shoved this discovery to the back of my mind while I finished the build (and because I was very aware that I had another build lined up already!) but lunchtime today saw me needing a quick win to make up for the sort of morning that makes me want to poke my eye out with a pen (not literally of course: I rather like my sight).

So a quick painting of the originally-pink frame sent to me in a swap parcel back in 2016 by Kitty and Kat Miniatures (that I don't seem to have blogged), some cutting and glueing and weighing down gave me this photo for my Instagram feed:

Work table with cutting mat, glue and scissors. On the cutting mat is a tower comprising a can of mexibeans and a thick book on the history of dolls' houses
(And a giggle, as over the weekend someone in one of my Facebook groups returned to the hobby for the first time since the 90s and asked what basics she should get. To which I replied with a long list, which didn't include a can of mexibeans!)

It resulted in this:
One-twelfth scale gold-framed picture of a woman by Klimt, held above a cutting board with the objects used to make it laid out.
which is now stirring up ideas for a dark academia scene (or, at the very least, shelfie) to counteract the proliferation of pink around here recently:
Flat lay of one-twelfth scale miniatures including a gold-framed portrait of a woman, a gold horse sculpture, a pile of books with a metronome on top and 2 dark wooden candle holderns with candles.
In other 'M'-related news: today I picked up another lot of Miniverse Lifestyle pots from the post office.
Flat lay of a selection of miniature plant pots and bowls, and one cactus
Which means (I think) my Miniverse journey is complete.

No comments :