Friday, February 02, 2024

Finish it off Friday framing (with a side of frustration)

Two miniature prints: one of an anchor, the other of a lifebouy with framing pieces around them.
Next off the pile of half-finished projects awaiting my attention are a couple of pictures I started putting together back in December 2021 from a piece of scrapbooking paper, with the intent of making a(nother) holiday house scene.

I got as far as whitewashing them and then they got tucked away.

As I laid them out today I was puzzled by 2 things: why were there extra pieces, and where on earth were the 2 side pieces that were missing?

Both puzzles were solved when I went in search of the post where I started working on them: the reason for the extra framing was because I originally planned to also frame a second set of the prints:

Cutting mat with miniature sailing-themed pictures with wooden frame pieces arranged around them. To one side is a pile of coffee stirrer pieces, and to the other side is an Easy cutter.
And I think I cannibalised the missing bits of whitewashed frame to make the mounts for the heart pieces here:
One-twelth scale modern miniature  sideboard with a lamp on it and framed wooden heart shapes on the wall above it.
I guess I need to head back down to the workshop and do another round of whitewashing because I doubt very much that I can manage to match the new whitewash colour with the existing pieces.

No comments :