Saturday, February 10, 2024

I spent Saturday sorting the stash

As I sat in bed this morning with my morning cuppa, I tried to convince myself that I really should do a final push on the cottagecore scene today and try and get it completed, documented and put away.

But my heart wasn't in it, and rather than feeling grumpy while I worked on it (which is very much not within the theme for the month!) I decided that it was about time I vacuumed the studio. And to do that I needed to move the containers of fabric I'd pulled out to look for the shabby chic bedding bits on Monday.

So sorting the stash because my priority for the day, and rewarded me well as I spotted this wallpaper sample nestled amongst a stack of vinyl samples I've have tucked away for years:

Hand holding a shimmery gold wallpaper sample next to a stack of vinyl samples.
My heart skipped a beat, and I had sudden thoughts of bachelor apartment bars, or kitchen splashbacks.

It's currently blutacked above the mid century modern dresser I made last month, in the cubby above my computer I use to store new(ish) items while I wait for them to 'speak' to me.
Selection of one-twelfth scale modern miniatures including a mid century modern dresser, a selection of modern sculptures and accessories, with a wallpaper sample pinned on the wall above.
(Because I daren't jump right into putting something together because that would mean certain death to the completion of the cottagecore scene. And I guess I've just posted a Saturday shelfie, just not intentionally!)

No comments :