Sunday, February 25, 2024

Sunday success

Well that took a bit longer than I expected when I made that shelfie early last month:

One-twelfth scale modern miniature cottagecore bedroom with bed, study table and dresser.
but with some focused effort today, I'm done (or as done as I'll ever be!).

I made the doona/duvet cover and pillowcases this morning:
One-twelfth scale modern miniature cottagecore bed with a duvet/doona with small flowers on one side and stripes on the other. There are matching pillowcases.
(and realised that I had to come up with a creative solution for reading in bed since there was no room on the dresser for a lamp. I'm reusing the rewired Lundby wall lights from the You are my sunshine scene and deciding that these, and the other not-quite-fitting pieces, were already in the room before it was redecorated in cottagecore style).

I printed out the garden scenes, then immediately covered them up with some net panels I've had in stash for years.
One-twelth scale modern miniature study desk in front of a window covered in a vintage net panel.
and even extended the scene (just!) onto a third wall:
One-twelfth scale modern miniature craft and reading corner with a study table, old greengrocer's shelving unit and a cane rocking chair.
Which is all very gratifying, but also leaves me with a feeling impending doom as I survey my work table:
One-twelfth scale modern miniature cottagecore bedroom scene on a work table with piles of (full-sized bits for it in the foreground
Guess I know what tomorrow's choice for Make, do and mend Monday will be!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! It looks amazing - well done :)

AMCSviatko said...

Thank you: I've very relieved that it's finally completed.

R. Jones said...

Wonderful bedding!! I love the colors and mix of floral and stripes. Beautiful work!!

AMCSviatko said...

Thank you: it's been a couple of decades in the making, I'm afraid!