Tuesday, October 27, 2009

And then...

I woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep.

Until 5am. And I woke up at 8:15am. Only a couple of hours later than I'd expected.

It was OK. Except I'd planned to spend this morning finishing off my Designers in their Context assignment for class tomorrow night.

Then I missed my bus. By seconds.

Not to worry, there are always plenty of buses if I walk across to Northbourne Ave.

Except this morning there wasn't.

And the one that (finally) showed up ate my ten trip ticket: with 7 rides still on it.

The bus driver told me there was nothing he could do and policy was that they don't return tickets that get eaten by their machines.

I didn't believe him and, as I had to walk past the Action buses office on the way to Craft ACT, I popped in. To discover that what the driver should have done was give me a card with his name, driver number and route number which I could use to get my ticket (or equivalent) back. But he hadn't so I was given a two trip ticket. Better than nothing I suppose...

The rest of the day was rather good: I sold lots of lovely things in the Craft ACT shop, met lots of nice people and watched Jas and Pete install the Art Quilt Australia 09 exhibition across the hallway.

At lunchtime I booked in for a series of printmaking workshops being held next door in November.

Then I spent the afternoon working on stuff for my next exhibition before heading home. Started cooking dinner and my microwave died on me. Not too unexpected really: it is 17 years old, but I'm wondering when exactly I'm going to find the time to take it into the repair place...

Oh: I nearly forgot. Today I've been an Australian citizen for 9 years. A scary thought.

2 comments :

Michelle said...

Bummer about the bus ticket and the microwave. But microwaves are so inexpensive these days it might be cheaper to get a new one than fix the old one.

AMCSviatko said...

*Sigh* It may well be cheaper but I have a bee in my bonnet about fixing things if possible before I replace them.

And if I replace it I'll be checking out Choice magazine (Yay for ACT Library Service having online access to full text articles via their homepage!) and buying a decent one which will hopefully last another 17 years before giving up the ghost...