Monday, October 26, 2009

That time of the year again...

I just did the accounts for one of the most expensive times of my year. I paid my electricity and gas bills for the winter quarter ($260.63), my monthly interest free bed payment ($48) and both my Smith Family (Australian) and Plan International (Indian) sponsored kids ($840) while contemplating my upcoming rego bill ($701.80) and Canberra Theatre 2010 subscription season tickets (as yet unknown).

Was it painful? No, due to having thrown a corresponding amount into my bill paying account each pay during the past year the money was sitting there waiting for me. I love not panicking about bills when they arrive...

1 comment :

susan said...

This is so rarely done and a great way to alleviate financial stress. Well done for having a budget and meeting it. My financial circumstances recently changed (downwards) so I have had to downsize my charity to match. You might know of kiva.org - keep it in mind if your generous donations ever need to be adjusted.