Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I took it as a sign

I thought I had yesterday under control. Really I did.

Well, apart from the fact it took me 12 minutes to get from my place to Northbourne Ave instead of the usual 2 minutes it takes. Which made me late for work. But that was OK.

I managed to snaffle two pairs of jeans for $40 at lunchtime. Less a $5 gift card I had banging round in my wallet from an online survey I did a couple of months ago. New jeans for $17.50 a pair? Makes me a little less inclined to lurk in the jeans racks at the op shops (guilty as I feel to say so)

Left work early, as is usual on Mondays and Wednesdays, so I could make the 5:15pm start for class. Traffic was light. I made good time and arrived bang on the dot of quarter past.

Life was good. Or so I thought. Until I went to chuck 30 cents in the parking ticket machine to take me through to 5:30pm. And the display said I'd paid until 4:30pm.

"4:30pm? Surely they'd updated the parking machines for daylight saving by now?" I thought. And looked at my watch. Which also said 4:30pm.

It took a couple of minutes for my poor brain to work out that I'd swanned out of work and driven to class A WHOLE HOUR EARLY. And hadn't noticed.

I rang my boss. And grovelled. (Luckily she laughed)

I assessed my options. I could hang round in the cafe for an hour until class started. But I decided, since I've never done anything like this in my life, that the safest place for me was home. In bed.

1 comment :

RACHAEL said...

Hehe, I've done that before. Maybe you should take it as a win :).