Saturday, July 31, 2010

Call of the Small studio visit: Jodie Cunningham

It was a busy day today but I made time to pop in to Jodie's studioand see what she was up to for the exhibition
(Erm, that's not actually her in the photo...)

Jodie started by experimenting with a barcode generator(no, I didn't know there was such a thing either but I now desperately want to play)

She transferred the designs to a full sized maquette (if there is such a thing.)

And I decided the final version of this table would be worth another stretch of eating lentils and rice Chez TSS:
But Jodie, being Jodie, is all about colour.

She'd created barcodes of her family members and created a trial table enclosing and protecting smaller benches, all with individual colour schemes, representing members of her family:
Here's the first trial run in acrylic:She's also experimented with hand painted acrylic paintings, both circularand square.

I suggested she could do a table that says "Call of the Small" What do you reckon?

(Go visit the real (and fabulous) Call of the Small and thank her for letting me borrow her name, won't you?)

2 comments :

m1k1 said...

I don't know how you're managing all the excitement of the build-up. I'd be quite dizzy and unable to focus.

AMCSviatko said...

Focus? What's tha.... ohhh! look! a new shiny mini thing!