Saturday, December 14, 2019

I most certainly have not been buying miniatures at the op shop

Because, of course, I most definitely do not need any more miniatures for quite some time.

But I picked up this lovely bamboo placemat for $2.50 this morning, and must have accidentally dropped it here on the way to the dining room:
1/2 scale modern miniature asian cafe with a counter, drinks fridge, rustic fence with a bamboo plant in front of it and a metal table with a bowl of soup on it and wooden stool and a back pack in front of it.
(Silly me, I must still be exhausted from yesterday...)

Speaking of exhausted, I figured I needed this $2.50 fan to keep me cool as I work in the studio for the next few weeks. It has such lovely intricate fretwork on it, don't you think?
Hand holding a wooden fan.
 And perhaps next year I'll start wearing jewellery to work: in which case I thought this $5 brooch would be fun and quite appropriate.
Vintage-looking portrait brooch with a drawing of a cat in a crown and robe, smoking a cigarette.
 And these two $4.50 shadow boxes? Oh: I'm thinking about redecorating around here during the break, and thought perhaps a bit of colour would be nice for a change...
Two square white shadowbox fromes containing large maroon flowers.
See? No new miniatures whatsoever.

3 comments :

Sherrill said...

Lol! Good shopping finds. If they don’t work out in real life, “maybe” you’ll find a place in your minis. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Sheila said...

Funny, those are the sort of mini purchases I don't make as well.

AMCSviatko said...

What an excellent idea, Sherrill!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one, Sheila!