Monday, February 19, 2024

Start-of-the-week check in

Remember last Monday when I set myself some ambitious goals in the studio?

Are any of us surprised I didn't meet them? (But on a positive note, behold the current state of my work table!)

Worktable with, at the far end, a one-twelfth scale modern miniature cottagecore bedroom scene in disarray. In the middle, rows of one-twelfth cale modern miniature perspex tables, and close to the camera a one-twelfth scale modern miniature lounge scene in its early stages.
The cottagecore bedroom scene stalled again on Saturday when I got the urge to dig out and start dealing with my dead stock: not something that was in the plan for the week but I felt the need to run with it when it happened.

Which meant I spent a fair amount of time this weekend photographing the tables and listing them on Facebook.

And on Sunday I got a tad sidetracked with heading across town to test ride a potential new-to-me scooter:
Four classic Vespa PX motor scooters lined up in a row.
(No: not the yellow one!)

Plus I have another couple of projects on the boil at the moment: listing some excess Lundby and other 3/4-scale furniture on another Facebook group, and, far more boringly, doing my annual full empty-out and clean of my kitchen drawers and cupboards.

So here's where I'm at as of this evening:

On the left of the worktable, the cottagecore bedroom has once again fallen into a state of (not fatal) disarray:

Half-built one-twelfth scale modern miniature cottagecore bedroom in a state of disarray.
In the middle, I've lined up the perspex tables that I've yet to photograph and list on Facebook:
Lines of one-twelfth scale modern miniature perspex coffee and side tables.
(Those ghost ones are certainly living up to their name!)

And a late entry on the right side:
Work table with a one-twelfth scale corner roombox containing a sofa, a side table and a coffee table.
because I decided this evening that just getting the main components of this scene onto the work table is a win, and hopefully a visual reminder that if I keep moving the other 2 projects along and off the table I get to have fun with this scene sometime soon.

(Don't panic about the coloured backing, it's just a demountable room corner that I used to move things down in!)

No comments :