Friday, January 05, 2007

Finish it off Friday

I cleaned out found the floor and desk in my Hobby Room over the Christmas break. In the process I bundled all the Ran out of steam or Hit a brick wall projects (not to mention the Oh! What's that new and much more interesting idea over there? projects) that were draped over my vintage Brio House together and decided I would finish things off before I started anything new.

And since Finish it off Friday sounds so good (and is similar to if not the same as WIP Friday) I hereby declare January to be my FIF month. Stay tuned and join in the fun if you want!

(Listening to: Portishead, Portishead)

3 comments :

Taphophile said...

Good idea. :) Sadly, for me, a single month of Fridays just won't be enough.

AMCSviatko said...

Feel free to take the concept and extend it. I suspect FIF may become a year long thing myself as I'm sure I'll have future projects left unfinished as inspiration strikes...

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of Judith Levine's project so thanks for letting me know. "Not buying it, my year without shopping" seems exactly what I am proposing to do in Feb. I have toyed with only a week (being rather pathetically scared by the whole project) but thought that actually one week is probably a little to feeble to call a 'mission'. I will be pondering more on the matter (and spending like crazy in January haha) and making up my mind soon.

thanks so much for the offer of the book, I am going to do an online library search and if it doesn't come up trumps then I would love to take you up.

oh and I'm off the $1 op shop so if I happen to see anything that falls in the black & white category...