Thursday, January 25, 2007

One step closer to becoming a rooly trooly Aussie...

Princess B has taken me under her wing and each year introduces me to something to help me become more Aussie.

Last year I arrived at her place to find a packet of Iced Vovos waiting for me.

This afternoon I get to go to my first Big Day Out.* I shall try to ignore the fact I'll be old enough to be most attendees' mother.

I wonder what Princess B has in store for me next year? Not a XXXX or a B & S Ball, I hope...

(*Woohoo - I get to see Lily Allen (THE soundtrack to summer 2006/07. Lily Allen ROCKS!), The Killers, Evermore, Eskimo Joe and The Violent Femmes (bloody finally - I've been waiting to see them for 20 years!). Plus a pile of other bands, a lot of whom I've never heard of)

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

About becoming an Aussie. Your father went to school in Brisbane, your grandmother's grandfather was born in Echuca. As for learning to be 'true blue' do you read Terry Pratchett? He wrote a marvellous discworld novel a few years back set in the land of Fourex.
If you go to the Big Day Out you will probably find it crammed with Kiwi rock bands.

Taphophile said...

Hope you didn't blister in the sun. No, not at all bitter or jealous.

Taphophile said...

Hope you didn't blister in the sun. No, not at all bitter or jealous.

E said...

I was there too! How awesome was the Sydney BDO? Lily Allen completely rocked - sassy, sweet and intelligent, with a grudge! The Femmes were excellent as well, I was grooving with the best of them :)

Now, here's the question: Are you becoming so Aussie now that you wore the flag regardless of the furore?

AMCSviatko said...

Gran: I'm saving the Pratchett books (and Harry Potter) for when I'm old and doddery and stuck in a rest home with nothing to do :-)

Taph: All I can say is :-P

E: No flags - I'm a good girl who doesn't break rules (well not too often...)