Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Wubba wubba" Wednesday

"Wubba wubba" because my brain has turned to utter mush after spending most of the morning doing the final sort out of accounts and receipts and miscellaneous bits of paper for my tax return.

This year I will keep my business accounts in better shape during the course of the year.
This year I will keep my business accounts in better shape during the course of the year.
This year I will keep my business accounts in better shape during the course of the year.

etc.
etc.
etc.

Feeling quite chuffed now as I'm about 95% there - just waiting on a receipt back from Plan for one of my sponsored children and a reply from my accountant about how to deal with claiming my office.

Never fear, it's not been all work around here. Feast your eyes on my frugalling scores:
* Selling Good Design ("a fascinating study of the little-known collaboration between the Metropolitan Museum, the New York department stores, and the great designers of the 1920's"): $8.00 (Brilliant sounding book - can't wait to read it. You know, in around 2011...)

* Peter Gabriel's best of CD: $3.00 (It's rather odd hearing the original of Solsbury Hill again after only having the Erasure cover on CD for the last few years)

* Single doona cover with shoe print (eventually to be turned into - what else? - shoe bags): $4.00

And Nibbs seems to be feeling much better, except for when I try and shove a syringe full of bright pink bubblegum flavoured gunk down his throat twice a day...

3 comments :

Michelle said...

Nice loot! The doona cover will make very nice shoesies bags indeed.

And as an almost soon to be ex tax officer (2 days to go!) I am very pleased you are getting your tax affairs in order. Yes.

June said...

Nibbs looks like he's wearing pink wristlettes. Are they your doing or nature's?

Anonymous said...

Great doona cover - that will make some excellent shoe bags. Glad to hear Nibbs is better. Cats and medicine are definitely a match made in hell.