Tuesday, November 13, 2007

42

Would not be the answer to life, the universe and everything* but the number of Ins that stampeded through the front door with Taph last night. I'm not complaining (much) that I now have a huge challenge ahead of me meeting the final Seven Things Spring goal before I go away.

Because this is what arrived:

4 pairs of vintage cream knitting needles to add to the collection (or "kinetic sculpture" as Taph likes to call it):
Two lovely thick cotton vintage sheets for The Stash:
5 metres of Michael Miller Have a Seat fabric. (It's BLACK and WHITE and has CHAIRS on it and was only (wait for it) $2 a metre! I now own 5 metres and have an itching to do some PJ stitching...)
35 balls of cotton in various shades to feed the wash cloth obsession (with the promise (threat?) of more to come when I finish this lot):
Ahhh... I'm a lucky girl indeed...

(*actually maybe yarn, fabric and needles are the meaning of life?)

7 comments :

Janet McKinney said...

You have work ahead of you now SS. Just think of all the dish cloths people are going to receive as gifts... you can't possible use all that many yourself.

AND - threads, material and needle do make up part of the meaning of life - don't forget to add dolls to the list!

Janet McK

m1k1 said...

I myself think the chair fabric is just the best.

Michelle said...

Perfect yarn/fabric/needle enabling!

Taphophile said...

Apologies for mucking up your last week TSS. I feel much remorse; particularly as about half of it doesn't even count as outs for me.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are some great items Taph brought you. I particularly love the vintage sheeting, fabulous colours. I've got the bug with washcloth knitting too, and have just finished my latest two. Have you checked out www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php - there are some fantastic patterns for all sorts of dishcloths, and best of all they're free to use.

Janet McKinney said...

I checked out the site that Elizabeth put up - and ohhhhhh now I have started a dish cloth.

This has to be a virus

Janet McK

Anonymous said...

It just hit me that I chose "42 - the answer to all questions" as the motto for the invitation to my birthday (Nov-10).

Is this coincidence or part of a greater plan (what a setup)?!?