Friday, November 02, 2007

Friday frugalling finds

Before you say anything yes, I know they're all pink and blue and shabby chic-esque. But they're not for me.

Fold-up 1950s(?) bed tray: $5. I whipped this out of the window display the minute I saw it. Not sure if you're allowed to do that actually...
Similar era teatowel to match : 50 cents

Both from Vinnies Queanbeyan. Thus redeeming them in my eyes. I promise I'll never again say rude things about how I don't like them anymore now they've moved and become a "new style" Vinnies.The underside of the tray tells us it's The "Luxure". All I know is it's damned cute and if Princess B doesn't want it I might be ever so slightly tempted to repaint it and keep it for myself. Yes, I know that would be sacrilege...

3 comments :

Taphophile said...

Can't say without seeing the legs, but I reckon I had one of those about a million years ago. I did the whole cream glossy shabby chic thing to it - it was gorgeous and very handy. Left it in Sydney when I moved.

Anonymous said...

Love those frugalling finds, especially the tea cloth.

*BB* said...

the trays rather retro in a June Cleaver kind of pattern but with a paint that would be one cool tray.