This week's pick is the tea trolley I made in the NZAME Convention workshop back in October, and brought home naked (as I needed to decide if I wanted to paint it white or black).
As I was sorting through my blog for the round-up posts I'm doing this month, I realised that I already have a white tea trolley. And a black tea trolley. So, really, the only choice for my latest tea trolley was stained.
As I rummaged through the 'staining stuff' shelf on my work bench this afternoon, I found a jar that Past Me had filed there.
'Walnut stain/varnish with 10% turps (first coat)' the label stated. I figured I should trust Past Me (although I had no idea when I last used the contents, or why this concoction was a good idea).
And blow me down, it looks just like teak!
Bugger a second coat: I'm stopping right here (except, possibly, the addition of a coat of clear varnish spray).