Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Pipe dreams

I'm still struggling with my latest scene, but decided today to take it step by step. And call in the expert to assist me. (Which made me think that perhaps she needs a tag of her own...)
One-twelfth scale Takara compact doll in a modern miniature scene, pointing at two pipe shelving units.
The pipe shelving I picked up at NZAME Convention (and randomly spray-painted with copper and black to tone it down): I realise the first problem is the height. So test it on a random piece of wood to represent a pedestal and decide that I am probably correct.

Especially as it solves the issue that the original build I'm using had a weird floorboard/ lino line that it would cover. Plus the question of how to keep the shelves straight, as I know now that Blu Tack won't work.
One-twelfth scale Takara compact doll in a modern miniature scene, pointing at two pipe shelving units set on top of a wooden pedestal.
 Happy to have made at least one decision, I decide a flat lay might give me the answer to my other conundrum: how I should cover the original Kate Ward paper on the wall.
Two one-twelfth scale modern miniature pipe shelving units with different wallpaper behind them, and various books and objects on them.
I think plain black wins. Don't you?

(Which reminds me: that roll of gold giftwrap paper I picked up for $1.40 from IKEA? Not a good look in this room at all. Good thing it was only $1.40...)

3 comments :

elizabeth s said...

Your industrial pipes look really Authentic and I like your method for getting them to look aged. Your shelving idea is Smashing and I am looking forward to its completion.

kittyandkatminiatures said...

My vote is for black!

Looks great

Tina said...

Yeah any patterned paper would have detracted from pipes design. Either black or white background would work for me. I'm sure the Ikea gold will pop-up again one day.