It is done. Not perfect, but done, as the saying goes.
Here's what I learnt along the way:
The plastic it's made of is porous. The spray varnish I used seeped in and all but disappeared. Repeatedly. I gave up after three coats.
This also means that my Weldbond didn't bond. I resorted to the old 'add some spots of superglue' trick. Alas I forgot how quickly it dries: so one side panel's a bit wonky.
The reservoir's tricky. I used a photo of a real Nespresso reservoir I pulled off line and cloned together before printing to size onto photo paper. It looks OK as long as you don't get too close.
I would have happily spent some extra money on the piece if the reservoir was printed separately in a clear plastic. Or if it had been left off: I was contemplating sawing it off and replacing it with a piece of clear straw but suspected that would have ended in complete disaster, so left it as it was.
But, overall, I'm happy with the end result. And that I actually finished it.
And especially that I've set it up in the corner of that Airbnb scene that I've been struggling with for a couple of weeks. I'm hoping that's a good sign that I'm all wired up on it all fired up on it...