Monday, December 05, 2016

In a holiday mood

I planned to work on Saturday's scene yesterday, but decided starting the end-of-year big clean early (since I missed last year's and the year before's), and so ended up doing nothing mini-wise, but a great deal otherwise.

I planned to work on Saturday's scene after work today, but ended up visiting friends and running errands instead.

I then planned to start a series of 'round up' posts: I figured the end of my tenth year of blogging was a good time to do some cleaning up and add more meaningful tags to a pile of my posts, so they can be found more easily (and I'm just talking about by me!) I also thought that doing this would highlight some older scenes which newer readers may have missed.

I was half way through the first round of this massive task, when my computer decided to hang on me: and as it was past my bedtime I decided I really didn't fancy staying up an extra hour or two to finish the first round-up post, so would have to put it off until tomorrow.

I believe that a blog post without a picture is a pity, so here's the first of my 'holiday house' scenes, originally posted back in 2007:
Modern one-twelfth scale miniature balcony near the sea, with a director's chair  and sunhat.
(I actually made the scene well before I started blogging...)

3 comments :

Jodi Hippler said...

Congratulations on 10+ years of creating and sharing mini wonders! Lucky for us newbies, we can be here for the next 10!

Congrats also on your organizational efforts! It always feels so good to have a fresh start!

Jodi

AMCSviatko said...

Thanks Jodi. It had to be done: having 665 entries under the heading 'Modern miniatures' isn't really much help to anyone in finding stuff... :-D

otterine said...

Woot! Congrats on the 10 years -- how time flies when you're mini-ing. :D