Thursday, March 16, 2006

Corners of my Home: Week 6 (mini version)

Wendy's bedroom in the Kaleidoscope House. I made the wardrobe during Craft Catch Up earlier this year after having it on my "To Do" list for, oh, about three and a half years. Block mounted Vepsa pictures are souvenirs from Florence (magnets) and the "inflatable" chair and orange bag are from the (sadly) now defunct American Girl AG Minis line. Cushions were new from eBay as were the vintage bed and (just seen) daisy rug. Through the door to the very left of the previous photo is Wendy's study. This was originally designed as a bathroom but as Wendy lives alone she converted the second bedroom into a larger bathroom and this room became the study.

Study unit built by me. Jacobsen tulip chair by
Kim Selwood at The London Dolls House Festival. He kindly let me buy his samples when he heard I was heading back to Australia. Files from Delph Miniatures and iMac from the Our Generation range by Battat (I believe it was originally sold in Target in the USA but I got mine from eBay). Red chair model came from a nuphonic compilation CD called cap one (which just goes to show you can find stuff for your dolls house almost anywhere if you have your eyes open!) And finally, vintage German lamp from eBay.Downstairs is the lounge with a Jasper Morrison couch made for Kaleidoscope Houses pairs with an AG Minis rug, picture (on fireplace) and coffee table. In the far corner are a pair of vintage German made orange Panton chairs around Kim Selwood's tulip table and and a German green cabinet. The Eames stool in the foreground is by Herman Miller and the Le Corsusier chair to the left is from Raine's Take a Seat range. I only wish I could afford to have this sort of furniture in full size...

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Perfect! I want to move right in! Nice work!

Shanna said...

Oh my!! I want to live there!! That's amazing!!