Monday, March 06, 2006

Destined to remain cupcakeless

Cupcakes for Sunday afternoon tea, I decided. Perfect. So I got out the muffin tin. The lovely white cupcake papers I bought months ago. The ingredients. The bowl and the beater. Preheated the oven. All set to go. Except for one liddle biddie teensie weensie problem.

When I took my mixer in to be fixed earlier this year (I'd broken the blender driver when a piece of frozen bread had got stuck between the blade and the side of the blender) it would appear that the fixit man had put one of the pieces that the beaters fit into together the wrong way round. So I can only get one beater in. Blerk!

Cupcakes will have to wait til I've done a trip back to Belconnen. Luckily the fixit people open at sparrow's fart so I can probably get out there and back before work.

Since I had the muffin tin out and the oven was heated I made myself some Potato and Pea Tarts for lunch. These are sooooo good - I have cravings if I don't make them regularly. (And before you ask, Lisa, the recipe is:

Cooking oil spray
4 sheets filo pastry
150g potato, cut into 1 cm cubes and cooked until tender
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (60g) extra low-fat sour cream
3 Tbsp grated parmesan
1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
(I also add 50g smoked salmon, cut into small pieces)

1. Preheat oven to 180 c. Spray 4 x 8cm 1/3 cup capacity muffin holes with cooking oil. Cut filo sheets into quarters. Layer filo evenly among muffin holes, spraying between sheets with cooking oil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.

2. Divide potato and peas among shells (I actually mix them together in a separate bowl along with the mint and smoked salmon). Whisk together eggs, sour cream, cheese and mint in a jug. Pour over potato mixture.
3. Bake for a further 30 minutes or until just set. Serve with mixed salad.
(Stolen from WW mag))

(Soundtrack: Anna Domino, Anna Domino)

3 comments :

elizabeth said...

those look and sound delish!! i prolly woulda went ahead and made the cupcakes with one beater attached. woulda taken a lil bit longer, but when you're talking about cupcakes....

Shanna said...

oh no!! no cupcakes!! and you've waited so long! hell, i would've beat the darn things by hand!!

that looks REALLY yummy even though 1)i don't like veggies, 2) or peas 3) or salmon...but it looks so pretty! very professional!

AMCSviatko said...

Sorry, usually looks that good.

Unless, of course, I’m doing the “single-gal-living-alone-eating-from-the-pot-(or packet)-hunched-over-the-sink” routine.