Wednesday, March 15, 2006

The ongoing saga of The Jumper Based on a True Pattern...

At Craft Catch Up on Monday I realised that if I continued on with my arm knitting the way I was I would possibly end up with a jumper that looked like this:

Which isn't really the look I was after.

So in order to let the ol' subconscious come up with a solution I decided the best course of action was to have another glass of wine (now that was a mistake, let me tell you!), set aside the first sleeve and start on the second one.

You see, my plan is that by the time I get to the same point in sleeve number 2 I will know what to do next. Which will probably entail knitting the neck, sewing in the ends and having another glass of wine while still trying to decide what to do.

If all else fails I'll go with the "What's the worst that could happen?" question to which I know the answer now - I'll end up with too short sleeves instead and will have to wear the jumper with the sleeves pushed up to try and hide the fact. Or brazen it out muttering randomly about how bracelet length sleeves are really fashionable right now didn't you know?

(Soundtrack: Eddi Reader, Mirmama)

No comments :