Saturday, March 18, 2006

Second Hand Saturday

Let me share two of my favorite frugalling destinations with you - and since they are within a block of each other it seems silly not to visit one when you visit the other. Vinnies in Belconnen (one of the things I like about Vinnies is their shops are all clean and bright) As you can see from this picture taken at the door this is rather a lot bigger than The Brain Injury Foundation shop (but still not big enough to need a cart!) First stop is the craft area to check out what's new. Unfortunately nothing interesting here today... It was obviously book day as that's all I ended up with (all together now: Like I need any more books!) plus a set of cupboard safety catches which are destined for V & M - not that Little is anywhere near the stage of needing something like that to keep him safe. Total: $18. Onwards and across the carpark to Salvos, stopping on the way to use the wipes I bought last week to clean my hands (great tip and what a difference it made!) View from the door to the left (bric a brac and furniture) And to the right (clothes and manchester)But I left empty handed and headed home. Where I discovered a garage sale about 10 doors up the road so stopped in to have a nosy and found this chair for $15. I suspect it's originally from the ANU and if I'm very lucky it might be a Fred Ward (have emailed a colleague at The National Capital Authority Library to see if she can throw some light on the matter) Then again it would be a good thing if it's not a Fred Ward as straight after lunch I attacked it with my wenge stain and next I plan to see if I can recover the seat without ruining it...
(Soundtrack: Waves complilation)

1 comment :

my house is cuter than yours said...

That is a lovely chair!!! i think your stain is an improvement!