Sunday, April 02, 2006

Bananas in Pyjamas (UWYHM project #2 completed)

Do excuse me - awfully sleepy as I've stayed up far too late for a school night.

I'm officially bananas as I really should have just gone to bed at a reasonable hour but I'm sure you know what it's like when creativity hits. And it was sorely needed when I realised my fabric was a lot narrower than I had assumed so I didn't have enough for a PJ top. Waaaah!

I toyed with the idea of putting the whole thing aside until next month when I would look for some similar black woven cotton to do clever things with. Maybe a stripe of black around the bottom of the pants and the top made in a mix of black and white.

Then I remembered that I don't wear the PJ top that came with my Jag PJs because I now wear my Erasure tour T shirt with the pants instead. And bingo! Problem solved. And very frugally, too, I may add.

Of course I had may plans for decorating the top - circles of fabric in various combinations. A big rectangle of fabric with groovy stitching. But the final idea stuck and I am now the proud owner of personalised PJs. Weehee!

Tomorrow I'm going to check the piece left over to see if I can manage to get a pair of PJ shorts out of it. And decorate a matching short sleeved T shirt to go with them for summer.

(Soundtrack:
Royksopp: Melody A.M.)

1 comment :

Shanna said...

oh my gosh! i feel like i've missed so much! look at all those posts! all your creations are wonderful! i never thought about a cushion cover with that eyelash yarn!