Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Bready, steady, go!

Ok, you all know I've been baking bread for a while.

But I've always felt I've been cheating somehow.

You see, there's a long and convoluted history with me and breadmaking.

Many many years ago, in another decade (and another country) I lived with someone who had Fridays off work. And on Fridays he baked bread. And it was good. So good, in fact that it was one of the reasons I lived with him. Along with his excellent taste in music. And stereos. And knives.

Fast forward to 1996 and I moved to Australia. One of the first things I bought was a "bread bowl" in the sense of "anything he can do..."

I never used it. Well, not for it's intended purpose!

Except once when I tried it with my No Knead Bread. But it was too big.

Anyway, for the last few months I've been tinkering with the No Knead Bread recipe. Adding more and more wholegrains and other healthy stuff.

But this weekend I saw Dinner Daily's Feta Bread and decided I just had to try it out. Scary as it was.

And today I baked bread. Fancy pull-apart bread. And it was good. And I was proud. And you know what? I still didn't use the bread bowl. It may end up at Vinnies. (The bowl, not the bread!)

2 comments :

Taphophile said...

The bread looks wonderful. Drool-worthy indeed.

Mondo Viagiatore said...

I have to say this bread is looking good - I am not a fan of home made bread, but this looks wonderful!! Save me some for next time.