Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Dear Frugalling Fairy,

I have no idea what I did to make you so happy with me (but would be very grateful if you could let me know so I can do it again!).I still can't believe I managed to snaffle not only a full set of Venus fridge magnets MIPbut also an original set of Dress me up David (also MIP)PLUS extra MIP clothing sets for both Venus and David (neither of which I have in my collection) for a whopping $10 for the lot.

$10! Are you kidding me?! Let me tell you there was leaping up and down and arm waving and yelping when I spotted them, giving the Vinnies Ladies the best entertainment they've had in a good long while.

(Vinnies Lady after she's opened the cabinet and I've snatched them from the shelf: "Shall I just pop them on the counter for you while you look?"Me (clutching said magnet sets close to my chest in case the Vinnies Lady changes her mind about them being for sale, or some random op shopper leaps across the room to wrestle them from my grasp) "No, no, that's OK. I'll just hold on to them for now...")

Now, of course, the dilemma is To eBay or not to eBay?


Yours happily
The Shopping Sherpa

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

OK now I'm embarrassed. I've been racking my brains trying to guess what MIP stands for. Keep getting imaging technology acronyms popping up. Answer?

Michelle said...

No ebay - they are meant to be yours! Unless of course they are going for $300 on ebay or something.

Anonymous said...

u gotta ebay!!!

newgreenshoes

xo

AMCSviatko said...

Jay: MIP = Mint in package.

Michelle & NGS: probably not going to eBay more through sheer laziness than anything else :-)

JRB123 said...

Hi! Do you still happen to have the Venus and extra clothing sets? Would you be willing to part with them? Thanks!

AMCSviatko said...

Hi JRB123
No, sorry: I gave them away.

Anonymous said...

Do you still have the david sets