Thursday, August 16, 2007

A Kiwi quest

I got a call a few days ago from a friend: "We saw Grain Waves within the city limits and thought of you!"Once I got over the shock I asked for details. My brain was awhirl so I only remembered snippets. "...Monkey something.... car park..... Indian shop...."

The hunt was on! Google provided me with the first clue (yeah, shut up about the magnifying glass - don't all good detectives use needlework magnifiers?!) and a map.

The next day I called up my trusty not Kiwi but similarly Grain Wave addicted sidekick and we set out...Hmmm, Monkey Magic, getting close...What's that over there?My Magic Findy Finger is twitching! They're here somewhere!BINGO!Ah, I've missed you sooooooooo much (even if you are the wrong flavour!)Caffeine Fairy, meanwhile, was discovering the other Kiwi "delights" stocked by the shop. A return visit is definately in order.

5 comments :

Caffeine Faerie said...

The grainwaves were fantastic. I amanged 3/4 of the packet before the magpie realised what I was eating... mwahahaha

Caffeine Faerie said...

make that, managed. Now, to continue to lurk and not use hand... >.<

Denise said...

What an excellent successful quest!

M-H said...

OMG - grainwaves... slurp. Did they have chocolate fush and eskimoes? The thing I miss most is Watties tomato soup. None of the ones on the shelf here are as good - they're all too sweet. I get casre packs from time to time, but the tins are too heavy to expect people to bring more than a couple at a time.

AMCSviatko said...

Hi M-H

Your best bet for eskimos (since you're Sydney based)is New Zealand Snack Food (blogged about here, with link to webpage: http://theshoppingsherpa.blogspot.com/2006/11/lovely-discoveries.html)

As for Watties tomato soup I really can't help you. Yet!