Monday, August 06, 2007

Where to find modern miniatures: Part 1 (Houses)

I'm very aware that finding modern dolls houses, furniture and accessories often takes a lot more digging that buying the standard Victorian. So over the next couple of weeks I'd like to share some of the sources I've found for modern houses (this week) and furniture and accessories (next week).

All items are standard 1/12th scale unless I mention otherwise. If I miss something out, please leave me a comment or drop me an email!1. The Dolls House Emporium stocks the Malibu Beach House (see above) which is available in a number of kit options plus fully assembled. They also have a miniature Mackintosh House and furniture and a Lutyens House for the 20th century purists among us.
2. Across the pond, Real Good Toys offers a contemporary ranch house kit.
3. If you're lucky you might be able to track down a Kaleidoscope House by Bozart Toys. eBay is probably your best bet at this stage as it's been out of production for quite some years. 4. Villa Sibi by Wolfgang Sirch & Christoph Bitzer is a true modernist house (and is currently on sale at Modern Nursery.)5. If price was no object I would have commissioned Mark Turpin to build me a house like Diamante .6. If you're happy to consider 3/4 scale, check out the new Lundby Stockholm house (with pull out patio and pool!)

1 comment :

m1k1 said...

I propose getting oneself a "Diamante" would make an excellent first-ever New Years Resolution, but one might have to make do with focussing all one's efforts at constructing one's own original modern masterpiece.