Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Fiscal Fast Day Thirty: All over for another year

Day Thirty:

Breakfast: Tea. Wholemeal toast with ginger, lemon and lime marmalade. Plain yoghurt.

Morning Tea: Crispbreads and cheese.

Lunch: Lentil and vegetable curry from the freezer with rice, poppadoms and yoghurt.

Afternoon tea: Wholemeal toast with butter and honey.

Dinner: Leftover pumpkin and spinach risotto from the freezer.

Finished today:
* Poppadoms (but who cares?!)

Total spent since June 1: $156.59 (plus $116.84 on a dolls house.)

Well, not really. I did spend on other things that weren't counted on a day-to-day level.

Here's the final tally for June 2008 (excluding rent and car loan payments):

Transport: $42.50 ($40 petrol, $2.50 parking)
Car insurance: $61.53
Food: $150.89 (the daily tally above included parking and the domes for Princess B's stole, which I removed for final accounting. I spent an average of $5.02 per day on food. A whole 1 cent more per day than last month. Which is quite surprising as I've been buying cat food this year instead of having a stash to work with. And then there was the matter of the cheese, which I thought would blow the budget... Then again, I did get given a lot of food (most of which I haven't actually touched yet!))
Books & stationery: $18.00 (automatic quarterly payment for my Marie Claire subscription)
Gifts: $3.20 (Princess B's domes)
Entertainment: $159.10 (dolls house and internet for the month)
Utilities: $27.74 (phone bill)
Other: $179.25 (an ouchy amount which includes annual credit card fees and interest charges. I'm working hard on getting rid of both very very soon)

Total: $642.21 (Last year's total: $579.88)

Day Thirty One:

Spent today:
* Smoked salmon, crumpets, milk and cat biscuits (a celebrationary breakfast for me and him): $19.75

* Book (for exhibition): $14.66 including postage
* Return bus fare to Sydney for Modern Times symposium and first weekend of Sydney Design (including Krispin K tour) in August: $30.00
* Thai Garden lunch box: $8.50 (eaten sharing the dining table with a little something that arrived in this morning's post...)
* A month's worth of magazines picked up from the newsagents: $48.44
* Long overdue haircut (with latte, chocolate and a read of July 2008's Australian Vogue included): $78.00

Total: $199.34

Good thing I got paid today, isn't it?

3 comments :

m1k1 said...

So that's the new baby, then?
That was a quick delivery.

feistyurchin said...

Oh, so you go nuts at the end of fasting. I see, something to look forward to!

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) 008376918351 Thank you.