Sunday, March 08, 2009

Knitting needles and op shops

I went out last night. To dinner and a gig with J & M and Cycling S.

They asked after my journal over dinner, wondering why he wasn't with us (it was suggested the meal would have been perfect for the document your dinner. Rub, smear, splatter your food. Use this page as a napkin pages) It was sweet but I did feel a little like Lars in Lars and the real girl... (Damn: maybe I should have made a movie: "The Shopping Sherpa and the wrecked journal"?)

After dinner we went to Tilleys to Frencham Smith's gig. There was mention of knitting (well, close enough, when Fred explained a dance move he was going to do during a song as "like being poked in the back with a knitting needle") and they played "The op shop song" aka Maryanne as an encore. I was happy.

But on the way home I got thinking. How many other songs are out there which are about, or mention, op shops?

Just in case the answer is none, I started creating my own, based on their track Find me a lover:

"Find me a knitting needle in an op shop
a nice little blouse with a polka dot..."

No comments :