Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Running round like a mad thing

It's been one of those days. I'd planned to go to a book launch at 5:30pm this evening but all I want to do is crawl into my PJs and into bed with a pile of reading*. And it's only 4:30 pm!

I've been on the run all day: I went to see two printers to talk about producing greeting cards of my miniature pictures. It would seem I'll have to outlay the equivalent of two weeks living expenses (or almost one wodge of money from Kevin) to get them printed. Which is great if they sell, not so great if they don't. I have a few days to think about it...

The vet visited at lunchtime to do the yearly jab and deworm of the cat. Who wasn't happy.

I rang the CIT Hairdressing school and made an appointment for a $12 haircut next week. I think it's a small price to pay to not have to deal with the potential disaster that could be a second try with the scissors and sellotape at home...

The kitchen got cleaned (finally) and the last of the stock went out to the garage.

I took a boot load of plus-sized clothing across to The Women's Refuge and popped into Salvos Fyshwick and Vinnies Dickson on the way home.

And now I should be mixing blue and yellow paint for tomorrow night's class, finding "an object and image of personal significance" to take to class as well, and attending aforementioned book launch.

*Yaaaawn*

(* Top of the list will be the book I have less than 2 weeks to finish and review, plus Itten's colour theory book: hardly light reading, alas!)

No comments :