Friday, March 13, 2009

Re-Loved

I never thought I'd see the day when I was front row at a fashion show, but last night it finally happened. It was only a little fashion show but it was my kind of fashion show: Re-Loved, a fashion parade with sustainability in mind.

It was held in conjunction with Salvos and here's Ken giving a speech at the beginning of the night:Handbags by Hanny Dewar
And fashion made from up-cycled second hand finds:
Finally there were outfits created from a local clothes swap meet:in my excitement I forgot to take note of the name of the group: all I know is they're on Facebook which isn't much use for someone who's not on Facebook (me)... NinaRibena was two seats down from me, perhaps she'll know?The organisers looked well pleased at the end, and so they should.... Well done!

2 comments :

Taphophile said...

Err there was something about the clothes swap in the Belconnen Community Council newsletter or on their website or somesuch. Can't fully recall, will try later.

ninaribena said...

Green Threads, did you spot that Michele Grimston was wearing recycled tupperware jewellery? awesome!
More on Canberra's Got Style on Monday morning.