Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's not rocket science...

I pulled out of volunteering in the Community Arts team for The National Folk Festival today.

It's a long story and this is a small town so I won't go into detail here but suffice to say the lack of communication has been driving this little Gemini insane.

It all came to a head this morning when I received an offer of work this Sunday (supposedly the National Folk Festival Volunteer Orientation Day, although I hadn't heard anything further at that stage).

An offer which would:

* Mean the cost of a season pass to the Folk Festival would pretty much be covered.
* Leave me time to visit the ACTME Miniature Show on Sunday morning.
* Suddenly clear out a four day stretch of work from my life next week. Which is rather a relief as I was looking at heading into 16 days straight (whether paid or unpaid)

I'm sad that I'm not getting the chance to gain experience in community arts, something I've been looking forward to for almost a year, but the general feeling is a relief. I hadn't realised how stressing three months of not knowing and not hearing was.

And besides, I can now attend the workshops and hopefully learn some new creative skills, plus go to every performance I want to without worrying about my roster...

4 comments :

m1k1 said...

actme min show only on saturday, but maybe that is what you meant.
won't be there myself. elder spawn and i are visiting the NGA instead to view the piccies there.

AMCSviatko said...

Crap. Why did I have it down in my diary as 2 days?!

Double crap: I'm working 8:15 - 4:06 on Saturday so won't have time to visit at all!!

Rebecca said...

The lack of communication is a bummer, but not volunteering for the four days, given your other work commitments, sounds like a very good decision to me. Especially if you can buy a pass and enjoy whichever sessions you want to. And do other useful things like sleep, shop, cook, mow the lawn, watch dvds .....

Michelle said...

Well the good news is that you get 4 days off.

Saw this and though you might be interested.
http://cqconnecting.blogspot.com/2010/03/petite-call-for-proposals-closing-date.html