Sunday, March 21, 2010

A blast* from the past

Leonard Cohen didn't last long. While I was on You Tube harvesting links for my last post I stumbled across this:

Erasure singing Solsbury Hill live. After a couple of seconds I thought:

That date seems really familiar.

So I checked my stash of trip diaries. And sure enough I was in the audience in London that very night.


My very first night on the other side of the world and I decided the only thing to do was work out how the Tube system worked and get me to an Erasure concert. As you do. I think the owner of the B&B I was staying at was more freaked out by the whole thing than I was.

Then next morning I flew to Glasgow to visit the Glasgow School of Art. But that's another story entirely...

(*Blast. Rocket. Geddit?)

1 comment :

Ampersand Duck said...

Is that Vanetta Fields on the right as backup singer?