Friday, March 12, 2010

Tonight I...

* Attended the opening of a fabulous exhibition (and ate devilled eggs, asparagus rolls and little squares of cheese on a stick with a pickled onion attached)

* Where I was introduced to someone as an artist. And, instead of doing the whole "Well, no I'm not actually..." routine, I looked them square in the eye and said "Yes, I work mainly in textiles but also do a lot of work in miniature." To which no one fell about laughing so I must have sounded convincing enough.

* I had dinner with friends at the newly renovated Sizzle Bento in town.

* Then finally saw Julie and Julia at ANU Film Group. There was someone knitting. There was mention of libraries* (although no one actually in a library, and certainly no one naked in a library) No mention of op shops, but that was made up for by (obviously) on screen blogging.

(* And budget cuts. Of course)

4 comments :

Sarah said...

Excellent-that you didn't make any excuses and just were an artist-why is this so difficult-it shouldn't be but it is so well done! I really want to see that film. Must do so soon.

Ampersand Duck said...

See, that wasn't so hard, was it? I'm very proud of you. Keep up the good work.

AMCSviatko said...

Except I don't want to be a textile artist as that's too easy (and stereotypically obvious)...

Ampersand Duck said...

No, you just say 'artist' and say you work across genres and media when/if they ask for more info. In my experience mot people don't try to go any further than that!