Monday, September 04, 2006

First day (sort of)

Today is my first day in my new job here in Canberra. Sure, I started with the company last Tuesday but spent the week in Sydney doing training so that doesn't really count, right?

It felt like what I imagine the first day at school would feel. Except my feet didn't hurt because I don't have new shoes to mark the occasion.

I do, however, have a new bag courtesy of the wonderfully generous Pink Trees (don't you love the matching keyring and the little bag of vintage buttons which she included in the parcel?) Not that anyone has seen it (one of the pitfalls of working from home. Alone.)

I'm liking the staff cafeteria a lot. Today's special was a toasted cheese, eggplant, red capsicum, mushroom and olive sandwich with salad:Service was quick, I had no trouble finding room to eat even though it was peak lunch time and they even played music I enjoyed. I think I'll make a habit of eating there regularly...

2 comments :

Mondo Viagiatore said...

I need to come eat in your staff canteen, mine definitely not up to that standard!!! Congrats on surviving day one.

createacraft said...

you don't know me.. but I come often to read your posts..
yesterday I was at a junk-shop.. we call them so.. and I saw a white lace which had black beads....black and white.. reminded me of you..isn't it funny.. thinking of someone..who doesn't know you..
so came here to make connaiscence..
I like your bag..
and wish you success with your new job..