* 1932 edition of A Child's garden of verses (with beautiful illustrations): $1.
* Monica McInerny's Family Baggage (the rest of her books are Irish/ Australian rollicking good reads, I hope this carries on the tradition...): $4
* (Cue the applause soundtrack) 4 Maxwell Williams White Basics dinner plates: $1 each.
* Various pieces of vintage fabric (ex curtains, sheets and doona covers): $18 total (see below for my favourite two patterns)
* U2 by U2 sans dust jacket: $8. I can cope without a dust jacket if it means saving at least $36.95 on the Big W price (or $67 on full retail)!
As promised, here's a closer look at the cot sheet (with robots) and the curtains (with daisies):But wait! There's more!
1950s shabby chic style magazine rack: $7. I'm not sure if the gold bits are original or an afterthought. Either way I think I'll be trying to repaint the flowers back to white:190g Anny Blatt 70% angora/ 30% wool: $10 the lot. Each 20g ball has an original David Jones wool department price sticker of $19.95 on it. That was one fiendishly expensive wool!And, finally, here's a collection of vintage buttons and buckles I bought for 5 cents each:It wasn't til we were back in the car that Princess B pointed out that I'd bought them off Monica from Playschool. As usual I'm crap at spotting famous faces. Especially from TV...
(Listening to: Roddy Frame, Surf)
Oh - I almost forgot to mention - if you're in Sydney and after Stella McCatney for Target clothing we stumbled across three racks of it at Target at Burwood Westfield.