Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Buy Local Road Trip: Part One.

(This is going up in parts as I know that Blogger will pack a spazz if I try and load all my pictures in one entry)

Aunty A, J and I have been plotting a "buy local" road trip for months, ever since Aunty A blogged about eating within a 100 km (or was that mile?) radius of where you live.

And today was the day we finally got organised enough to set off to see what we could find...First stop was Poachers Pantry in Hall
where we had brunch...before wandering the shelves in search of locally made goodies.It would seem everything was not very local at all (apart from the Lynwood goodies) so we decided to do a tasting. Smoked meats for the girls (none of which were actually locally produced as they needed much more than local producers could supply), and oils for me (also not local enough to justify purchasing - although the mustard oil was awfully good...)

No comments :