Sunday, April 29, 2007

Cupcake love

Ohhhh... these are so goooood!
I'm so happy that they came out just the way I pictured them...

The only problem is I now have to box them up (I need to go cadge two small bakery boxes from somewhere) and give them away. *Sniff*(The stats:

* Pattern from here, slightly modified.
* Frugalled wool bought here and here for a total of around $5.50 (leaving me enough wool leftover to keep churning these babies out if I feel so inclined)
* Cupcake bottoms lined with cut down Woolies Home Brand disposable white plastic glasses, weighted with stones I already had and, tucked inside, a lavender bag made from a bit of an old net curtain and lavender from the markets ($6 for a bag of which I used half)
* Stuffing courtesy of my old guest bed pillow.
* Various "toppings" found in the stash of craft stuff I picked up from Hot Dollar ages ago.)

(Listening to: The Christians, The Christians)

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

how adorable!! makes me want a cupcake!

Anonymous said...

those are adorable! almost edible!

Taphophile said...

*drool* - just gorgeous. You did a fab and frugal job. Monica told me about this site this arvo - maybe there's some box templates
http://www.thetoymaker.com/

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes without the calories - YEAH!

Unknown said...

Those are absolutely darling! I love the white ones with the colored sprinkles. Well done!

Anonymous said...

here i thought you were ignoring me!! wow they look good enough to eat
- i do hope that are wheat free (he hee). i do hope i am one of the lucky recipients!! Princess B

AMCSviatko said...

Princess B - half a dozen of the (guaranteed wheat free) cupcakes have your name on them - the other six are for Di. And since you see me first, you get to pick which set you want (and even mix them up if you distract me first with a large glass of wine)

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love your cupcake! I made the original version, but would love to have your modifications. Would you be able to post them?