Thursday, April 29, 2010

The 2010 Lundby Stockholm dolls house

I caught up with my old Lundby distributor yesterday evening ("old" as in I no longer sell Lundby so she's no longer my distributor, not that she's aged and wrinkly!). She told me that she'd send me a sneak peek of this year's Stockholm house as she thought I'd rather like it:
The basic structure remains the same as the original model, with only the colours changing. Most furniture remains the same, in different colourways but there are a few changes: the parents' bed, for instance, has almost returned to the classic 1970s style and the tall white storage unit has disappeared (along with a few other pieces, which always gets me panicking and wondering if I should buy an extra set of the ones I liked "just in case"). The sofa seems to longer be a fold out bed but is now L shaped (with natty throw cushions)

But it's the new pieces I'm lusting after:

Battery powered gas barbeque, anyone?You can eat your meal at this new table settingWhile drinking your hot coffee from the Lundby espresso machine!

Damn them, though, for keeping the rest of the kitchen set the same: new colourways would have been more interesting (hot pink to go with that new sofa and cushions, perhaps?)

If you're similarly smitten the range is available in Australia from August. Or, if you're based in the USA, you can buy it from Cheeky Monkey Toys...

2 comments :

petitenouveau said...

Those chairs look almost exactly like ones at Ikea. I want ALL of this. I think I may need a second job....

Modern MC said...

Man! I will have to buy this house. i like the second floor wall paper much better than the dots. Gonna be so broke... ha ha!