Tuesday, April 27, 2010

On the set

If I currently have no room in my budget (or time) for cruising I can at least admire the work of Charles Brogdon: (Miniature set for The Love Boat)Charles says "As a kid I loved visiting Hollywood and seeing various TV sets in sound stages. I was always forbidden from taking pictures so I would come home and build what I saw.

I have not built a set in 12 or so years and these make great dust collectors. Now I have brought them out for you to see and have some half finished ones as well I am finally getting done. Sets are made of lots of different things but the basis is Lego bricks. A set can take from 2 weeks to a month to complete.Some people build model ships... I build model sets. My sets are...

Family Feud
I Love Lucy
Good Times
The Love Boat
Happy Days
Seinfeld
Mama's Family
Empty Nest
The Golden Girls
The Young and the Restless
Married... with Children
Designing Women
The Facts of Life
The Brady Bunch
Roseanne
Three's Company
The Price is Right
Pyramid

Alice
Murphy Brown
Cheers
Laverne and Shirley
Family Ties

I no longer enjoy watching television today. It's either too mean or too stupid."

For more photos of Charles work see
FLICKR (and for behind the scenes photos see here)Charles has produced a book on his sets which can be bought from Blurb. Preview it here or buy it here.

1 comment :

Ampersand Duck said...

blimey, just when I think I've seen everything...