Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hear yea hear yea!*

A comment on my last post from Susan made me realise that I possibly need to be proclaiming the news a little more widely and obviously...

If you want to see what The Collectors have done with my collection you can:

* Watch ABC 1 this Friday (April 30) at 8pm


* Watch ABC 2 next Monday (May 3) at 6:05pm

* Wait until they load the episode up to the download section (which seems to be very quickly) and watch it online. At this stage I have no idea if you can see this from outside of Australia. (If anyone wants to check and let me know, I'd appreciate it...)

* Beg me to let you borrow the DVD version which I'm assured will be turning up in my Post Office Box sometime soon.

Oh, and my plans have changed so I won't have to stop at Hungry Jacks on the Freeway to Sydney that night to watch it (it's not what you know, it's who you know...), I can watch it at home. Assuming I can work out how to find ABC 1 on one of my TVs...

(*aka Word up!)

10 comments :

christine said...

well i'm sure everyone will be watching!!! and waiting with baited breath!!! congratulations and i'm sure it will be worth the wait and abc1, is the normal abc channel, 2 & 3 are the new ones.it is here anyway!! i'll make sure i've got pizza and a glass of red....

AMCSviatko said...

There's an ABC3?!

*annina* said...

Exciting! It is possible to download the videos but they are only 3 min segments. But You can stream the whole show here and it works outside Australia: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/video/

MTB Girl said...

You could always venture down the street and enjoy tea with me while we view it :) We could even use your delightful strawberry tea cosy.

Amanda....from down the street.

AMCSviatko said...

Brilliant! Thanks, Annina for checking.

Now I just have to worry about how I came across after being told to "not overact"

Which is like telling The Queen to "not act regal". Or something...

AMCSviatko said...

MTB Girl: Am I allowed to hide my face in hands and scream "They make me sound completely mad!" while slowly realising I actually am?

I have a mad plan to convince Civi Library to stay open late: they have three (count 'em) large screen TVS and we could all have a Friday night TV watching party...

Except I suspect you're not allowed to drink in the libraries... :-(

Rebecca said...

Your plans have changed - to going to Sydney for the fair at a different time? to not going at all?

ps I think ABC3 is ABC for kids. I don't have digital yet, so that's just going on the ads on ABC1 ...

AMCSviatko said...

Still heading to the fair but now I'm working Sunday so staying over seemed silly, espcially as Friday night would basically involve driving to somewhere I'd paid for a room and sleeping.

Then I realised driving was probably a silly idea as well so I've spent the $50 petrol money on a day trip on the bus which gives me an extra 7 hours in my life to read. Or knit. Or sleep. And no underlying worry that some moron will drive into me. And (hopefully)a guarantee that I won't buy anything silly like a dolls house as getting it back will be a major challenge...

MTB Girl said...

TSS, yes, you can behave however you feel - you are the *STAR* after all, hysterics are expected!!

Hmm, covert drinking in the library would be fun!! If it's after hours does it count? Sounds like a rave at the library is in order...well, if you can call watching TV and drinking wine a rave :P

MTB Girl said...

Oh, and you could have wine here too, not just tea! Something stronger too, if you need it!