Monday, April 26, 2010

Mainstream miniatures

While lolling in bed this afternoon, catching up on my magazine reading, I stumbled across a couple of miniatures: always an unexpected delight.

The first one I can't show you yet as my scanner is still sulking. But I managed to find a copy of this one online:

I was first drawn to it because of the juxtaposition of scales but after a couple of seconds I was peering more intently at the photo trying to ascertain if it was indeed a dolls house or not and which bits were photoshopped onto what. I would say Yes. What do you think?

3 comments :

The House of Lisa said...

I agree with you!

ilustradero said...

I agree too! If that was photoshopped, the person who did it is a master on it and has studied Leonardo's theory of light and shadow... the shadow those cups throw on the wall is not easy to imitate so efficiently, is it? I think the only collage bit is the girl on the ladder, the fabric under the china seems to me like a very fine plastic sheet or white silk... Amazing!

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's a dollhouse or that anything is photoshopped.Everything is the size it really is:real-sized room ladder and girl,tarp on the ground and giant teaset and cupcake.Look at the edge of the cups,they are too sharp to be real even if they were made of plastic because they are sculptures. It's beautiful work though.